Registration is now open! 2nd TeRRIFICA Online Conference “Connecting case studies with future climate action. What is mandatory for prospect co-creation processes in climate adaptation and mitigation projects?”
September 3, 2019
Free registration is now open!
· The second TeRRIFICA Online Conference will be held on September 19th 2019 from 10am to 2pm (CEST/Brussels time). Free registration is now open filling in this form: https://bit.ly/2kqtA64
· The Online Conference will start with short expert talks on climate action with a focus on engagement, methodology and institutionalisation aspects. There will be representatives from the six European pilot regions in Belarus, France, Germany, Poland, Serbia and Spain that combine co-creation processes with climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies. Downlooad full programme here.
· The Conference is organized by the Science Shop Vechta/Cloppenburg of the University of Vechta within the framework of the H2020 TeRRIFICA project, whereby eight European institutions work together to foster competence for climate change adaptation and mitigation in different European regions with a specific focus on Responsible Research and Innovation.
“Climate change is the defining challenge of our time. Mitigating its impacts and adapting to changes already taking place or impossible to avoid will require fundamental changes to societies and behaviours all over the world – as well as scientific breakthroughs, both technological and social” (Climate Change Adaptation – Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission). It is in this context the TeRRIFICA project emerges and organizes its 2nd TeRRIFICA Online Conference. What is mandatory for prospect co-creation processes in climate adaptation and mitigation projects? This and other questions will be discussed during the event.
The Online Conference will start with short keynote speeches on climate action with a focus on engagement, methodology and institutionalisation aspects. There will be representatives from the TeRRIFICA six pilot regions in Belarus, France, Germany, Poland, Serbia and Spain that combine co-creation processes with climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies. Participants will learn and discuss about the insights of case studies and the essentials for future projects.
2nd TeRRIFICA Online Conference Program:
September 19th 2019 (10am – 2pm CEST time)
- Welcome words and introduction to the Online Conference
Hannah Hoff – member of the TeRRIFICA project team
- Summary of the analysed case studies from all six pilot regions – What can we learn from them for our future work?
- Introductory talk by Wendy Brawer
Eco designer and cultural creator; founder and director of the Green Map System (www.greenmap.org)
- Introductory talk by Dr. Eric Jensen
Expert for public engagement, media, impact evaluation methodology, and social change theory – member of the TeRRIFICA project team
- In-depth discussion
Three parallel discussino rounds with a focus on engagement, methodology and institutionalization aspects
- Gathering the results
Summary of the three parallel discussion rounds
- What’s next?
Presentation of the Crowdmapping tool and future steps based on the results of the Online Conference
For registration, please fill in this form until September 17th 2019. You will then receive all necessary login information.
You may also like…